21 February 2014

From pants to skirt


I had in my wardrobe a pair of wide leg pants from Dorothy Perkins that I didn't like, they are very good quality but that kind of shape is very unflattering. 
I wanted to use the material for a sewing project, but I didn't want to waste it on little projects.
I kinda forgot about them since I didn't have a sewing machine to do something more elaborate.
This Christmas I received a sewing machine, and after a few sewing tests I decide to make a pleated skirt.
I always wanted one, and the idea of having a skirt made by me definitely pushed me into doing it. 

After a few hours of tutorial research on Youtube and then after 3 days of measuring, cutting, ironing and sewing, I finished it! 
It took me a while, but I think my first serious attempt to the sewing machine ended pretty well.



BEFORE:

Dorothy Perkins wide leg pants
Dorothy Perkins wide leg pants



AFTER:

pleated skirt diy


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day


pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day

Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Collar necklace: self made
Jumper: b + ab (www.bplusab.com)
Tights: Primark
Ankle boots: Deichmann



And of course... the spinning test :)

pleated skirt diy, outfit of the day

Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Collar necklace: self made
T-shirt blouse: H&M
Tights: Primark
Ankle boots: Deichmann



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oasap Limited